- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any lactose free milk)
- veggies of your choice: I used onion, green pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli
- garlic, pepper, and salt to taste
How it's Done
- Spritz a large frying pan with olive oil or cooking spray of choice
- After chopping vegetables, saute the vegetables over medium high heat.
- Drain your package of tofu, chop the block of tofu in two pieces, and press dry (in between towels/paper towels with heavy books on the top for 15 minutes see See Emily's pictures for a better understanding if you are lost
- Crumble tofu with hands into a blender/food processor. Add the almond milk and puree until smooth.
- Combine your tofu mixture with cooked vegetables in an 8x8 pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Enjoy! I served mine with salsa, but it is delicious by itself!
I thought this was great, but I think I will add some nutritional yeast next time to get that "cheesy" flavor! I brought this to a brunch - it was a big hit and no one knew it was tofu until I told them. Some still don't nkow... shhhhhh!