Sunday, June 20, 2010

vegan veggie-loaded breakfast casserole

The Goods
  • 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (or any lactose free milk)
  • veggies of your choice: I used onion, green pepper, garlic, mushrooms, and broccoli
  • garlic, pepper, and salt to taste

How it's Done

  1. Spritz a large frying pan with olive oil or cooking spray of choice
  2. After chopping vegetables, saute the vegetables over medium high heat.
  3. Drain your package of tofu, chop the block of tofu in two pieces, and press dry (in between towels/paper towels with heavy books on the top for 15 minutes see See Emily's pictures for a better understanding if you are lost
  4. Crumble tofu with hands into a blender/food processor. Add the almond milk and puree until smooth.
  5. Combine your tofu mixture with cooked vegetables in an 8x8 pan.
  6. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 25-30 minutes
  7. Enjoy! I served mine with salsa, but it is delicious by itself!


the tofu in the blender

main event


I thought this was great, but I think I will add some nutritional yeast next time to get that "cheesy" flavor! I brought this to a brunch - it was a big hit and no one knew it was tofu until I told them. Some still don't nkow... shhhhhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment