Whenever I make something, I always look at a bunch of recipes, mix them together, and change them to meet my dietary needs. So I wish I could direct you to a recipe I followed, but I really don't follow recipes for the most part.
These are vegan and gluten free! They are also very very delicious!
Over-the-Top Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins (V, GF)
What you'll need:
- 1.25 cups gluten free oats (regular oats would also work just fine)
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 tbsp baking soda (you could also use 1 tbsp baking powder, but I cannot due to corn starch)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (or any sugar/sweetener of your choice)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
How it's done:
- Mix the flour, flax seed, oats, and baking soda together in a large bowl
- Mix the almond milk, applesauce, vanilla, and agave nectar together in another separate bowl
- Slowly stir the wet and dry ingredients together until they are well blended
- Fold in the fresh blueberries
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees
These were so simple to make! My family said they weren't as sweet as they normally like muffins to be, so if you like things on the sweeter side, I would reccomend adding more agave to the mix. I, however, do not really eat sugar, so sweets send me through the roof!
When I got home, it was way past my dinner time. I am not someone you want to be around when I am hungry. From the time I was really little, if I was tired or hungry, I was super crabby. There is nothing I hate more than the feeling of being hungry. I become snappy, impatient, and can't think of anything else! Needless to say, I needed something quick and simple to get me through round one of dinner. I threw together some sauteed veggies and brown rice - almost the same combo as Friday night. I did throw some grape tomatoes into the mix this time instead of the stewed tomatoes.
Question: What is your disposition like when you are hungry? Are you able to work past it or are you a total crab monster (like me)?