Monday, June 21, 2010

rain, rain, go away!

I had a very busy day since we last spoke (er... read?) with each other. First of all, the rain stopped. Not in time for me to run outside, but it stopped. Before I went for my wedding hair test run, I had a quick lunch.

left over "almost fallafel" chicpea balls, sauteed mushrooms and asparagus

apple, raisins, and almonds

The picture below is ALL you will see of my wedding hair until the big day. It include extensions, a viel, and a headpiece. Most brides would agree all are necessary.

horrible lighting - lo siento
I was at the hair stylist for about 2.5 hours - i LOVE my hair! I am so excited about it - we sat and chatted for a while about colors, flowers, timing, all that good stuff. The good news is we don't start hair and makeup until 11 AM on the big day! Hooray for an evening wedding! I then went over to my house to check on the progress FH was making on the floors (sidenote: althought I do love that FH is super busy at work, a rain day is good for home progress!). The floors look so good! The only thing they have left to do is the office and kitchen. I love the "putting back together" phase. It's much more fun than the demolition phase we just went through.
When I got home, I threw together a quick dinner for the madre and me. She is pretty much "couch bound" right now - she fell yesterday and sprained her ankle. The funny thing about this is she just got over an injury, and now she has given herself another one. We're pretty sure it's God's way of telling her to "take it easy for a while". She now has no choice!


in the mix: romain, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, and red onion


pretty brown rice and stir fried veggies


I had to take a picture after I smashed the brown rice tower. I'm such a child.

It was a great dinner! I love when I eat so many veggies in one day - it makes me feel so good!
As of right now, I'm attempting to upload my next half-marathon schedule to a post. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

Cross your fingers that it isn't raining in the morning! I'm scheduled to go running and to the beach with friends tomorrow!

Before you leave me, you need to watch this. I swear, It gets funnier every single time. I actually was crying watching this about a half hour ago!











Question: What is your favorite commercial?

0 comments:

Post a Comment