Thursday, June 24, 2010

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I'm not kidding! It really is! For the first time all week, I woke up and the sun was shining in through my windows. Granted, when I woke up it was 5:30 and I wasn't very happy about the sun at the time. However, after tossing and turning in my bed for an hour, I decided it was time to get up. I hate it when I don't sleep well!

Breakfast was something I had been dreaming of for days... blueberry pancakes! I just took my usual oatmeal mix and thickened it up with some flour and plopped them into a skillet. They were delicious! I also made a blueberry topping by stewing some blueberries in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of water until the blueberries started to cook down. Add a side of PB to the mix, and you've got yourself quite the breakfast!



it's okay - you can wipe up your drool now.

loooove blueberries

After I had breakfast, I decided I really didn't want to workout this morning. Maybe I will this afternoon sometime, but I felt like just running some errands. My right hip has been bothering me lately too, so maybe a day off won't kill me. The only thing about days off is that I am always starving!!!! Does this happen to anyone else? I snacked on some almonds earlier too. This morning I ran around like acrazy woman trying to find the things I need for our centerpieces for the wedding. I'm probably going to end up buying most everything online though. Stores just don't do it for me lately!
Then I cam home and made a huge lunch. I was starving! A huge spinach salad topped with a leftover black bean burger and a piece of gluten free bread on the side.





I have never done the salsa/mustard topper before - it was delicious! That is definitely a keeper!

I'm off to go run some errands with FH. Thursdays are his "meeting days" which means he's got a little extra time on his hands! I get to get my ring cleaned today - I love it when it's nice and shiny! :)

1 comment: