Thursday, June 17, 2010

I am apologizing in advance... I have almost no eats pictures today!

This morning I slept in until 7:30 - that is super late for me. The only reason why I even woke up is because the lovely fiance called and woke me up. I was glad though because I hate feeling like my day is wasted. I went to make breakfast - low and behold, my camera was definitely dead. Perfect. You're not missing much though because it was standard peanut butter banana oats.

After my camera charged up, I tended to my "garden"

basil plant on the left - grape tomato plant on the right

Someday I am going to have a real garden instead of having to grow these in planters on the back deck. That is my goal for next summer! I will have to do a lot of reading on gardening though... I have been known to kill plants before.

I decided to go for a run around the new town this morning. I had to bring John to the house to get his other truck, so I figured I would explore around there. It was a great run, but really really hot! I am also used to running on flat surfaces. Our new town is pretty hilly, which made for a hard run. I always love running in new places though. I found a great trail along the canal in the downtown area. I have a feeling a lot of my long runs will be done there in the future.
Speaking of long runs, I really want to run a Disney race in the next year. I am thinking either the half marathon in January or the disney princess half marathon in February - I really want to do one of these, but it will depend on if I can manage to squeeze in a few vacation days during the school year. I think the Disney Princess one would be so much fun! I watched the video on it. I just LOVE Disney World. Have you, or anyone you know, run in a Disney race before? If so, what was their experience?

pre-run picture


4.85 miles later - not such a great pace, just under 10 minutes, but I wasn't used to those hills!



nice and shweaty :)
I spent the rest of the afternoon doing what I do best....



Eating (great restaurant!)


snacking... only eat picture of the day.




and SHOPPING!




I love pottery barn - if my house looks like a pottery barn magazine, I will have reached my goal.


New placemats - which John dubbed as "grandma placemats"



a water pitcher and fruit basket tier!
Would you like to know the most fantastic part of the deal? I didn't have to pay for a thing! Okay, well in reality I did, but with gift cards! I also went into Starbuck's to grab a drink before shopping, and someone picked up the tab! No joke - this has never happened to me before. Two nice gentlemen paid for my drink. Now, whether they were doing it out of the kindness of their hearts or to try and pick me up is another story, but I still got free coffee!
What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Off to go catch up with some blogs and do some laundry - fun night!









0 comments:

Post a Comment