Wednesday, June 16, 2010

what are you happy for today?

My shirt reads: What are you happy for today? (High School yearbook t-shirt - I can't remember for the life of me what it means - we had some sort of inside joke)

What am I happy for today? hmmmm... Lazy summer afternoons...


food? check!
awesome beach bag a student gave me for Christmas? check!

beautiful clear skies? check!


sunscreen? check!


A good book? check!

This afternoon was great. I spent abut 3 or 4 hours lazily floating in my aunt's giant jacuzzi soaking up some sun. I am guilty of being a sun worshipper - I love the heat! I swear, I was meant to live somewhere really warm, not Chicago where the weather is 80 one day and 30 the next! (That really has happened - we have RIDICULOUS weather!)
I was in need of some major snackage when I got home - fresh pineapple tasted so good after being out in the sun for so long. Along side were some Trade Joe's Ends and Pieces, almonds, and the last bit of Ashley's Quinoa Granola - so stinking good! I am definitely sad it is gone!

After snacking, I started reading a new book, Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. I've noticed many of you bloggers have read this book - I eat meat occassionaly, mainly for protein purposes. I can't eat so much - gluten, dairy, corn - and try to lead a minimally processed lifestyle. However, I have only read about 50 pages so far... and as I told my future mother in law tonight, "I'm reading this book called Eating Animals... and I don't think I'll be eating any animals anytime soon." Seriously, this is crazy stuff! My mom is a vegetarian, and has been for 17 years, and I'm pretty sure I'll be on the vegetarianism bandwagon with her! What are your views on eating animals (the book or in general)?
I swear all I did today was cook - I made dinner for my family, which I really don't mind. I LOVE being in the kitchen. I also love coming together as a family at the end of the day. It's always full of laughter and good talking. After dinner, my mom and I ran out to a friend's house to drop off our leftovers - we swap good food :)
Then, we went to Sally's to pick out some hair extensions. Now, I normally am not the type to wear hair extensions. However, for the wedding, the woman who is doing my hair says it's neccessary to get the type of volume and style I want. Any thoughts?



I bet you can't even tell where my real hair starts and stops! I have to get it highlighted before the big day, but it should match perfectly!

Late night snackage:
Banana soft serve mixed with 1 tbsp. cocoa powder - topped with chopped walnuts
I am also happy today for a great giveaway contest Mariane from Frenchfries to Flax Seeds is doing! I have been seeing these Vega Shake and Go products for the past couple of weeks and I am totally intrigued! I hope I get to try one!

What are you happy for today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment