Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BEFORE AND AFTER!!

Thank you all for all your kind words and extra support. I knew I could count on you all to make me feel better! You all are the reason why I love to blog - I love having friends everywhere!

We all make promises we can't keep sometimes. For me, it was promising you all before and after pictures a long long time ago - what was it, Saturday? Well, low and behold, they are here! You don't get to see the office or guest room yet - they're just not done! :)

Before we get to that, I want to share with you all the wonderful creation that is food.

Breakfast consisted of a beautiful overnight oats parfait. You can't really see it, but there is a layer of oats, a layer of peaches, another layer of oats, and a layer of blueberries. I know.. take it all in.

breakfast is best accompanied by a computer reading blogs

overnight oats just wouldn't be complete without cinnamon, cocnut, and peanut butter

can you see the peaches?
 I left pretty early this morning because I had to go get adjusted at the chiropractor. He knows FH very well, and was very excited about our wedding on Friday! When I got to the parent's house, I was famished - it was only 9:30!

So I pulled out all the stops with a classic pre-run fueling session: raisins and almonds.


Just before I was about ready to run, my dad told me a package had come for me and he had put it in the basement. The flowers for my centerpieces had arrived! We ordered them online from Costo, of all places! I had to cut all the stems and put them in a bucket until tomorrow.

has anyone ever seen the netting they put over flowers? i wasn't sure whether to take it off or keep it on until tomorrow. at least they're protected!
 I went for a quick 3 miler after I got that squared away. I actually felt really good running today - a lot quicker than I normally feel. Perhaps it's because I wans't wearing my watch so I had no clue how fast I was actually going?

When I got back to my house, it was lunch time, and I was once again, hungry! I purposefully made extra stuffed tomatoes from the other night for just this reason! I had half of an avocado and some crackers and hummus as well.


i'm not kidding - you need to make this.


after i cut out a sliver
 I won't lie - after I ate that, I got more quinoa out of the fridge and topped it with more hummus. I don't know what's with me today! Whatever, if I'm hungry, I might as well eat, right? All of this was eaten chilled. It was really good after the flavors had a chance to marinate for the past couple of days.

After lunch, I did something I haven't done in a long time.


No, it's not "eating an apple" - good guess though! I sat down on my couch, and watched TV. Actually, I watched the new episode of Teen Mom to be exact. I cannot tell you how long it's been since I've had an afternoon to myself to just relax. After that, I may or may not have fallen asleep, face down, in my bed for a whole 25 minutes. It felt good.

Now, I wanted to post these pictures because I know you've been waiting and I may not have a chance to blog again until tomorrow night. My bestie is on her way up here, and my other bestie is coming when she gets off of work! I'm cooking dinner for everyone - this is totally a flashback to two years ago when we all lived together for 2 years! I'm super pumped, and they're going to like me taking pictures of every minute to document! :)

Living Room before:

sorry, I really don't have a good shot of it :)
 Living Room after:

it's still kind of barren in here - we need rugs, different pillows, window treatments.. the whole works
Kitchen before:

scraping this wallpaper was NOT a party
Kitchen after:


Kitchen before:


Kitchen after:

eventually we're going to put a range microwave in and use the place where the microwave is right now as a decorative space
I looove how the green on the walls totally toned down the color of these cabinets. They look awesome now!

Hallway before:


Hallway after:


Bathroom before:



Bathroom after:





Done and done, my friends! I am off to have a fabulous time with my friends!

17 comments:

  1. my mum use to work in a florist and you really want to keep the netting on until you want to show off the flowers. I never thought of getting flowers from costco! My wedding is soon as well so I cant wait to see pictures from yours! I love that glass that you put your breakfast in!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chelsey! I LOVE your blog, thank you so much for the sweet comment on mine - I am definitely adding you to my reader ASAP. Your food looks amazing - I LOVE avocado...and munching right out of the fridge, haha! What a gorgeous transformation - that place looks lovely!

    I hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fashion Meets Foodthanks for the tip! i'm glad i didn't take them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and am excited to read more! I love the before and after pics; you have wonderful home decorating tastes! So sad I live in a dorm room now, it's hard to make it pretty. :(

    I haven't made any quinoa in a loooong time for some reason, but I love it, and this post reminded me to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the remodel! We redid much of our house so I know how rewarding it feels to finish things up. Looks great!

    And stuffed tomatoes! I need to do that next time. I made stuffed peppers last night and realized I don't really like peppers cooked. Tomatoes on the other hand...mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks great! I'm glad you had time to relax too, and with Teen Mom! They are so ridiculous on that show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. !! Your place looks great, Chelsey! It looks like it was tonnes of work, so I bet it feels great to finally have it (almost) all done :) We finished up our basement a few years back, and it was such a pain in the butt, but the results are definitely worth it.

    I never watch TV either! It's weird, but I just can't sit down and do it... it doesn't hold my interest very long. I'm glad you were able to relax in some of the craziness though :) And have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great!! glad you got an afternoon to yourself..i know how amamzing that can be!!! hoep you and your friends had fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOSH CHELSEY YOUR PLACE LOOKS AWESOME! I bet that was EXHAUSTING!! I Am so glad you got that done!!
    SO Thankful you got to RELAX today too!! its SO nice to just.. sit and watch TV and do NOTHING sometimes.. i know exactly what you mean!
    and i need to get caught up on teen mom.. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you got a relaxing afternoon! And your house really looks awesome. I just want to sit down on those nice couches in your living room!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your before and after pictures are so awesome!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Those stuffed tomatoes look so good!
    I LOVE stuffed peppers.... haven't tried stuffed tomatoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house looks beautiful! What huge changes you guys made! It's wonderful!

    Glad that you were able to relax before your big weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow, the difference is amazing! Your house is so beautiful!

    Hey, if you're hungry, eat! I bet all the running around you're doing to prepare for the wedding is revving your metabolism into overdrive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did such a great job on your re model! Enjoy it now girl! :) And your overnight oats combo looks delish, I have been enjoying my oats every morning for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is like Extreme Makeover Home Addition!!!! wow the after pics look incredible!! so inviting and warm <3

    the living room and hall way is my fav!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. btw since u'll be away on sunday i will try to remember and let u know my test results a little earlier. sat. night im going to take the test and post sunday, so i will remind myself to message u before everyone else gets to know... since ur THAT v.i.p. and all :P

    xoxo <3

    ps. my symptoms are very similar to yours. lots of bloating and joint pain, lethargy, itching, fluid retention, gas, the usual hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love looking at people's houses!

    Have fun with your friends.

    Relaxing afternoons are the best.

    ReplyDelete