Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Blogday to Me!

After months of reading blogs and religiously following many of you (kind of weird and creepy, I know) I decied it was time for my very own blog. So, happy blogday to me!

This morning, I was up at 5:30 - who does that? Especially since I am a teacher and I can lay in bed if I want to during the summer. Oh well - I read in bed (Rainwater by Sandra Brown - really good!) until about 6:30 when my stomach rumblings told me it was definitely time for breakfast. Breakfast is unpictured (I didn't create this lovely page until right before lunch), but I had a bowl of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free oats (gluten free is only one of my awesome intolerances).

My bowl contained: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 smashed naner, 1/2 cup water - toppings were: flax, cinnamon, blackberries, and a pb spoon. Delicious! What is your favorite oatmeal combo?

After breakfast, I went out for a run. My hip and knee have been bothering me the past couple of days, so I wasn't planning on going that long. It was nice out though (only around 65) so it was perfect running weather! I ended up running about 7 miles in just over an hour. I decided it was a good thing I got in a long run today because it's supposed to get really hot tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

After I got back from my run, I attempted my first green monster (again, unpictured - sorry!). However, my green monster was... PURPLE! I guess I used too many berries in there. It was a mixture of spinach, ice, almond milk, raspberries, and blackberries. It was good, but the little tiny seeds from the blackberries kept getting stuck in my teeth. Gross.

After that, I got into my car and drove to my second home these days....

Happy driver!

Home Depot!

Yes, that would be my second home. I had to go pick out our carpet. Word to the wise: NEVER, I repeat, NEVER plan a wedding and renovate a house at the same time. Although we're knocking it all out at once, it is really stressful. It is a good thing I am off during the summer - my poor hunny is working like a dog running his landscaping business all day and renovating at night!

bottom left (I think?) was the decision!

Possible new mirror? Maybe not though - I would like something a little more decorative for the bathroom.
When I got home, I was STARVING! It must have been that long run I did earlier. I started with some fresh spinach I got yesterday from the farmer's market (which, by the way, there is only a handful left. How did I eat an entire bag in 18 hours?)

Sauteed the spinach with some mushrooms and olive oil...

and topped it off with a lentil recipe I made last night which I modified from Emily .

Total. Domination.

An after lunch snack consisting of almond, an organic turkish fig, and Trader Joe's All Fruit Ends and Pieces (so good !).
After that, it was time to head up to the house! We're almost ready to put down the floor we bought, but before we put it down we have to clean! I swept for a total of 3 hours - it was so dusty and I was really looking like a mess when I finally got back home.

Cloud of death on the way back to my parents' house. Seriously?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there.
    First of all, thank you for such a nice comment on my blog. I am glad you commented cause you lead me to yours.
    Your blog is great. I really like your eats (I am not vegan though...but still like a lot of the foods you do for sure).
    You are also very pretty. I look forward to reading.