Today was jam packed and I know the rest of the week will be just like that. It's wedding crunch time, people! I'm feeling the pressure...
I slept really well again last night. I think I just really have a peace of mind knowing I am in my new house and pretty settled before the wedding. I woke up promptly at 7 a.m. ready to start my day!
I wasn't really that hungry this morning, but I decided overnight oats needed to make an appearance in my life - okay, let's be honest: when don't overnight oats make an appearance in my life?
|do you like my pretty place mats? i got them from pottery barn - FH calls them "grandma placemats".|
If you're wondering, or in case you have never made overnight oats, it's really simple! At night I combine:
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 smashed banana
- 1 tbsp flax
- splash of vanilla
Stick it in the fridge to absorb the liquid over night. In the morning, add your favorite toppings!
|my favs are blueberries, cinnamon, coconut, and peanut butter!|
I did a six miler after breakfast this morning - it was absolutely perfect. The humidity was almost nonexistent this morning and it was a cool 72 degrees when I set out. Six miles in 55 minutes? I'll take it!
Today was one of those days where I was going to be gone all day and needed to prepare. I had my makeup trial, errands to run, a facial, more errands... and more errands!
On my way to my makeup trial I had this larabar:
On my way to my facial I had this:
Then when I was done with my facial, I stopped by the 'rents and gobbled down a bowl of leftover veggies from last night. I realized when I had one piece of sweet potato left that I hadn't snapped a picture. Whoops.
I also had an unpictured ice coffee from Starbuck's because they help me feel better when I am a crazy mess! :)
When I got home, I had one thing on my mind: FOOD! And a lot of it!
I created Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups liquid (veggie stock or water will do)
- mexican spices of your choice (black pepper, red pepper, chili powder, cumin, sea salt)
- 4 slicing tomatoes, hollowed
- Cook your quinoa according to the package instructions. One cup of quinoa plus 2 cups of liquid on the stovetop for approximtely 15-20 minutes.
- While that is brewing up a storm, chop up your veggies and sautee them with cooking spray or EVOO in a saute pan.
- During the time in which your veggies are sauteing, hollow out four slicing tomatoes using a steak knife and spoon.
- Once the quinoa has cooked (they should look like little fish eggs) and the veggies are tender, combine the two and add your black beans. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add mexican spices to taste.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into hollowed out tomatoes.
- Served warm or chilled.
|this baby not only looked delicious, it tasted delish too!|
|i won't lie... i had to have mine sans black beans because i don't have a can opener!|
And a side salad! This was the perfect summer meal. All of the flavors went together very well!
Tonight, FH and I practiced a few things such as our first kiss and dance - do you think that's dorky? If you do... I don't really care. I found it to be fun. If you're married, did you practice this too?
I'm off to go snack - those blueberry muffins are calling my name!
Question: What is your idea of the perfect summer meal?